We have opened our call for “Best Shared Value Business Ideas”.
Send us your proposal for a “Best Shared Value Business Idea” by July 10. The entrepreneurs who will have sent us the top five best idea will be invited to present their proposals at the First EU-African Online Business Lab for SMEs on 16 and 17 July 2020 and receive further support, tailored to their business needs.
What do we mean by a “Best Shared Value Business Idea”?
Business ideas that follow the following criteria:
1. Contribute to the United Nations’ global sustainable development goals (SDGs)
2. They solve a real problem
In your presentation you will have to describe the problem that your business idea intends to solve, the gap that helps to overcome, the real need of an African customer, the lack that can fill.
3. Do business locally
A small or medium-sized enterprise is a local enterprise in the first place. Every business idea that we will support is at least equivalent to a “local business”, in the sense that digital or export companies also depend heavily on local suppliers, local markets, local conditions and opportunities and are not the result of an activity made possible thanks to investments by large companies that act globally.
4. Break even in 2 years and create jobs immediately
The expected break even point is 1 year if the company is based in Europe, in double the time if the firm is based in Africa.
Expected immediate employment in Africa of at least 2 people, not counting the entrepreneur himself, and after 2 years, based on a plausible turnover forecast, growth to a minimum of at least 10 other employees.
5. Availability of own investment resources for the first 2 years for at least 50% of the initial capital
Even if publicly co-financed with grants, the entrepreneur should contribute at least 50% of the investment, also counting his honorary or personnel expenses.
How to present your proposal?
To apply, download the application form here: https://euafricansmesummit.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Best-Shared-Value-Business-Idea-Application-Form.docx
Through it, you can send us a Business plan of max. 5 pages, plus attachments, in 5 points:
- Executive summary – first impression the reader will get from your plan.
- Company overview – description of the sector in which the company operates, current prospects and future direction, data on similar products on the market, with reliable sources and references. Explain who your customers are, what your distribution channels are, what problems you are solving and what systems you are putting in place to support operations
- Sales and marketing strategy – definition of the global market and expected market share, description and profile of customers, detailed positioning and pricing strategy, overview of the distribution and promotion infrastructure, sales forecasting and analysis of the competition.
- Operations & Management – Organizational structure: overview of all the people involved in your business and their position in relation to each other plus wage cost forecasts. Capital and expense requirements: summary of expenses for large purchases and daily running costs.
- Financial information – forecast, with clear vision and full control over the company’s cash flow